Productivity and field workflow review for implementation of electronic data capture.
Installation of field plot measurement across Victoria.
Purpose built field data collection software.
Quality assurance and information management.
Updating standard operating procedures.
- Reviewed all SOPs in consultation with previous contractors
- Produced a draft copy of the new SOPs and
- Draft copy was peer reviewed by a panel of experts from the following international organisations:
- Melbourne University (Australia)
- DELWP (Victoria-Australia)
- Arthur Rylah Institute (Victoria-Australia)
- Scion Research (New Zealand)
- New South Wales Department of Primary Industries (Australia)
- Ministry for the Environment (New Zealand) – LUCAS project
- A review workshop was successfully held in Melbourne Australia comprising of international experts
- Produced a final draft which was reviewed by the panel of international experts.
“It is a very comprehensive but well written document, clearly describing the procedures and processes associated with the activities and tasks for plot establishment, plot measurement, data collection and collation and quality control procedures within the VFMP”
Dr Christine Stone of the New South Wales Department of Primary Industries (Australia).
The new SOPs are currently being tested during the 2014/2015 ground plot measurement season and a final copy will be published following the field tests.
Documentation Control and Publishing
The SOPs are currently available online and offline to field crews in various formats; pdf, epub, and through a website making them available on various electronic devices such as laptops, tablets, e-readers and android devices. This is made possible by deployment of a document management tool for editing, signing of revisions and publishing the SOPs. This allows multiple staff to maintain SOP’s at once and a rugged workflow to signoff all alternations prior to publishing, tracking all changes to the user. Publishing in multiple formats and destinations is a single 1 step process.