Great to be training another set of 10 #Forestry #Supervisors this last week deploying the #DJI #MavicPro #Phantom4bringing #UAV / #Drones / RPAS (Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems) to be a regular tool being used by our field foresters with our Forest #Industry here in New Zealand. This course allows them to get there UAV Civil Aviation Authority CAR 101 wings badge and certification together with basic flight competence and craft knowledge. This Drone / RPAS / UAV course is run together with our Partners at Massey University School of Aviation.
- Basic flight competence, including operation and maintenance of DJI Phantom / Mavic / Spark type RPAS systems
- Task training at RPAS level 1 operator competence (basic flight of small pro-consumer grade RPAS as a camera on a pole for inspection and observation work).
- Interpret the various aviation documents and regulations and be able to apply these to your operation
- Be able to identify threats to your operation and develop methods of mitigation
- Understand the conduct required to operate an RPAS in accordance with aviation best practice
- Practice and comprehend aircraft radio telephony procedures and operations
- Completion of CAA RPAS Multi-rotor Pilot Competence Certification “RPAS Wings Badge”
- Submit as evidence of training from a Part 141-M6 training organisation for an RPAS Part 102 Operator Certificate
If your interested in future courses this year contact our team, course schedules are available below for 2017.
Contact us for Course Dates for 2017