GIS / Remote Sensing – Analyst
The Position: Due to ever expanding workloads we are looking for an GIS Analyst to join the Interpine Team based in Rotorua. As the ideal candidate you will be solution driven, self-motivated and committed to providing quality outputs. Using your technical expertise, you will be able to analyze data and interpret requirements to provide innovative GIS solutions and results.
As the successful candidate you will work across the organisation and with external clients.
Key tasks include:
- Maintaining and creating GIS records, map layouts and views both with Desktop and Web applications.
- Generating maps and reports, processing and analyzing datasets derived from satellite, manned aircraft and drones.
- Working with photogrammetry, LiDAR, imagery.
- Expanding into machine and deep learning with remote sensing.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A relevant science, forestry, geography, GIS information technology tertiary degree or equivalent knowledge.
- Sound knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills and English
- Electronic Field –based data collection systems, GPS, Microsoft Office 365
Preferred skills and knowledge:
- ATLAS GeoMaster or other forest management systems
- ESRI ArcPro, ArcGIS Online, Survey123 and ArcCollector / Field Apps.
- Skills in Python, R
- Pix4D or similar photogrammetry software.
- UAV technology or interest to learn.
We offer a competitive salary, on-going training and development and a high level of technical expertise. The role will require you to work independently and as part of a wider team from our Rotorua office with some travel within New Zealand. Hours will generally be M-F 40hrs per week, but we welcome applications for working in the role from 28+hrs to suit the situation of the appropriate applicant.
Applications for this position must hold a Full drivers license and have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
The Location: The Rotorua lakes with surrounding bush and mountains means Rotorua is hard to beat for an outdoor lifestyle. Boating, mountain biking, tramping, hunting and fishing are all on the doorsteps of a beautiful city with affordable housing. Rotorua’s central location means most of the North Island is within easy driving reach.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our Rotorua team in this new role.
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close 14 October 2022