GIS / LiDAR Summer Internship Position – 2021-2022
10-week internship available to start in November 2021
Interpine is committed to “shaping the forestry of today with technology of tomorrow”. Our focus on research and innovation sets us apart from other industry providers, as we continue development of step change technology in the forestry sector. We are a committed team of professional foresters, qualified technicians, data analysts, UAV operators and field workers that provides cutting edge solutions across the sector.
About the role:
This internship will be based with our GIS and Remote Sensing team. The main focus will be working with ultra-dense LiDAR data to extract and measure 3D tree profiles, using techniques including deep learning and virtual reality.
This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience working with skilled forestry, remote sensing and GIS professionals, and to get an insight on how an effective team operates in an environment that interests you. Experienced gained in this position could be the starting point of an exciting professional career in the forestry industry.
What you’ll bring:
- A high level of attention to detail
- An excellent analytical ability
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Candidates should be studying towards a degree in Computer Science, GIS or Forestry.
- Experience using GIS software (eg ArcGIS), and programming knowledge (Python or R) would be advantageous.
What we can offer you:
- Experience working with cutting edge LiDAR and Virtual Reality technology in an industry leading company.
- Variety of work, from GIS to LiDAR analysis and computer engineering / programming.
- Great office environment and location, based in Rotorua and within walking distance to Rotorua’s famous Redwoods walking and mountain biking tracks.
The Location: Rotorua
The Rotorua lakes with surrounding bush and mountains means Rotorua is hard to beat for an outdoor lifestyle. Boating, mountain biking, tramping, hunting and fishing are all on the doorsteps of a beautiful city with affordable housing. Rotorua’s central location means most of the North Island is within easy driving reach.
How to apply:
Your application should include a CV stating any work experience, a copy of your academic record, and a cover letter which includes your reasons for applying for a summer student internship position with Interpine.
Applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
The internship will run from mid-November 2021 until early February 2022 including a 2 week (unpaid) shutdown over Christmas and New Year. The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment screening.
Applications close Sunday, 17th October 2021